Monday, February 23, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It has been raining here for the last 2, almost 3 weeks. There were two days when the sun came out which are the two days the boys were too sick to go out. We are literally SICK of being inside. Luckily, Dr. Trey came to the rescue and prescribed some great ideas for keeping us busy! 
Up close and personal! The boys got a new magnifying glass and love going on exploring adventures. I'm not sure but if you look close enough I think Trey is happy??

While waiting for the rainbow to come out we had a day where we learned about colors. Trey had so much fun mixing food coloring and then we painted things for each color. 

 Our first try at a blanket fort was a huge success. The boys loved it! Kaden pulled his box of books in there and spent the afternoon looking at all of them!

Trey & Kaden love playing games on the computer. Trey does all of the playing and Kaden does a lot of pointing. I love watching them play together and having something to entertain them while I make dinner. Hopefully our next post will include sunshine! 

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I hope someday to be as fun of a mom as you are! What fun stuff you guys did.

Sarah said...

Amen, it has been raining for.ev.er! These grey skies are so depressing. I love the picture of Trey's face in the magnifying glass! And I can't believe that with all of this rainy weather I haven't thought to help the girls make a fort. What a lame mom I am! I better get on that one :)

Angie said...

What awesome rainy day ideas you had! Wanna trade for the snow? :)

Paul and Suzy said...

Great picture of you Julie! Your rainy days look like more fun than ours. You are such a fun Mom!

DyeFam said...

You are such a great mom! How fun mixing the colors-that is a great idea!