Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Loving Colorful Colorado

We survived the move to Colorado this weekend. This is our 6th move and the first time Jeff and I packed the truck by ourselves. The drive here was beautiful and after living in the brown shades of New Mexico I was really excited when I saw this sign. (Sharleen, I love you!!)
Since we will be here for at least three years the most exciting thing is rather than storing them we will FINALLY be getting rid of all the boxes!
The boys loved riding in the big truck with Jeff. The morning we took it back Kaden cried for over an hour.
The kiddos have been so helpful by taking longer naps and playing outside so we can get all unpacked and situated.
As you can see we are all very tired but have gotten a lot done. Hopefully by this weekend we will be done and I can post some pictures of the new place. I guess it turns out the binki works as well for Jeff as it does for Avrey!

6 comments:

LauraLee said...

I am so glad to hear that you made it safely to Colorado. I can't wait to come see you!

Colleen said...

Wow how did you manage to pack a truck with such a small baby? I would have had to do it one handed. Glad you guys arrived there and in one piece!

Kids! said...

wow!! that is a lot of green - thanks for thinking of me when you saw it! ;)
i can't wait to see pics of you guys all situated in your new home. i can totally see the postpartum tears on kaden's face when the truck left (isaac would've been the same way) and the binky in sleepy jeff's mouth - priceless!
hey maybe we can meet up july 10th (sat.) for a playdate (that's when we're coming through denver)
let me know!
btw, i can't believe you guys moved everything before warren got home from work! we really wanted to help, you guys are speedy!

Jancisco said...

Hooray for Colorado! I'm so happy that you get to throw your boxes away . . . someday we'll be there too.

Sarah said...

Yay you made it!! I love the last picture of Jeff and Avrey... moving is exhausting! :) I can't wait to hear more about life in Colorado, I think it's going to be wonderful!!

Michelle said...

Glad you're finally home :) Good luck with the unpacking and we hope to see pictures soon!