Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for our little turkeys!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving last week and enjoyed the weekend at home with our little turkeys. All I have to do is look at this picture to know how blessed my life is each and every day!
This is the first time our little family has stayed home so I was a little nervous about cooking a turkey for the first time. Jeff and I both come from families with amazing cooks so the pressure was on. The day before Trey and I made some delicious pies...
...and mini tarts. When I was little my mom would always let my sisters and I have the pie crust scraps to make mini tarts. Trey loved it!
Our turkey may be small but it was DELICIOUS!!
Avrey was a good helper and played nicely in her saucer. No pictures of Kaden cause he was gracious enough to take a nap before dinner!
Trey was also in charge of the place cards and did a great job!
The beautiful spread! I broke out the fine china for the event and Trey was so excited that he got to have a glass cup and plate all in the same day! What a wonderful holiday and reminder of the many things we have to be grateful for!

5 comments:

LauraLee said...

That china is fancier than my china. Looks like you had a great thanksgiving with GF pies. Don't worry you will get a GF pie next time I see you if I have anything to say about!

Angie said...

Wow, you actually made everything?! Impressive! Looks way tasty!

Joy said...

Looks like a fun family dinner.. I like the placecards, that was a cute idea!

7lechem.blogspot.com said...

We missed you but looks like you had a great "feast" !!

Sarah said...

It looks like a perfect Thanksgiving! I loved last year when it was just our little family, it was so simple and I was so much more on top of things for Christmas :) It looks like you mastered it all, Julie! :)