Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Turning 30 is a day at the beach!

This past weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday and for all those who said it is the worst birthday ever, well they are wrong! Originally this birthday was titled 'Turning 30 is a BEACH' but as you can see here it was more like a PERFECT day at the beach! It started out with a wonderful surprise from Jeff Friday afternoon. He decided to take advantage of his parents being in town and whisked me off to Manitou Springs to stay overnight at the cutest little bed and breakfast! This is the most darling little town at the base of Pike's Peak!

After a wonderful overnighter we came back home to set up for my beach party. There is nothing better then celebrating your birthday with good food and wonderful friends! The boys had a great time helping with the decorations and made sure every guest arrived in style with a lei.



I guess when you celebrate the milestone birthdays you have the right to celebrate for three days instead of one!! On Sunday we enjoyed a delicious family dinner with Jeff's parents and little brother Derek. Afterwards, they surprised me again with amazing gifts that are every girls dream...gifts cards for a day of shopping and a massage! I am pretty sure I am liking this whole 30 thing!!
One tip on how to make turning 30 incredible: Surround yourself with people who spoil you rotten!! Here's to another great 30 years!!

6 comments:

LauraLee said...

It looks like you had a blast. We will have to keep the celebration going when I see you in a few weeks.

Colleen said...

How fun! I am glad you had a great birthday. Remember when we were really young? When did we grow up?

Michelle said...

What a great birthday!! So glad you got spoiled - you deserve it!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Julie!!! I'm so glad it was such a good one. The perfect way to start off a new decade! Woohoo! :)

Kira said...

Happy 30th. It's not so bad. Not yet at least. I turned 30 in April. I love how you are looking forward to the next 30 years.

Fowl Ideas said...

When I was a kid, family photos almost always included lots of people smoking. The women almost seemed to want to be photographed with a just lit cigarette in their hands. Nowadays it's almost impossible to find a family photograph that includes someone smoking.

Today is better.

Oh yeah...happy birthday.