Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tonsillectomy...we did that!

Last week Jeff FINALLY had his tonsils removed! I say finally because they have caused him a lot of troubles and he was at the point where if you even said 'strep throat' around him, he got it.  So the night before his surgery the kids and I took him out for his "last supper" and enjoyed burgers and fries at 5 Guys!
Day of and all ready to go! Trying his hardest to be excited about it I promised him I would not take any pictures of him or laugh as the anesthesia wore off. The surgery went great and the recovery has gone surprisingly well. So many people had told us horror stories of long painful recoveries so we feel very blessed that Jeff has had tolerable pain. We are also very thankful to amazingly great friends who took our kids all day, brought over ice and smoothies, and Jeff's mom who came and helped out! 
So long really gross tonsils...you will NOT be missed! 

1 comment:

Kris said...

My husband still has his--mine went away when I was in second grade. I have to say, I've never seen tonsils before. They look like little livers or something equally visceral.

I'm enjoying reading--you have a wonderful blog!