Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Arizona Weekend

I am not really sure what we were thinking when we decided to go to Arizona in the middle of July?? It's true that after you get over 100 degrees it doesn't matter how hot it gets, it's all painful!! Jeff had a few days off here so he wanted to go and check out the residency programs in Tucson and Phoenix.
When we finally got to Tucson we were so excited to see an In-N-Out! Oh those shakes are so yummy!
All day in the car I was telling the boys we would go swimming as soon as we got to the hotel, little did I know that monsoon season was going to start early! We had a huge thunderstorm come in right when we got there and it rained so hard. It was nice to cool down a little!
While Jeff was working at the VA Hospital in Tucson I took the boys swimming and then we found a great children's museum. Trey's was so excited about the operation table so he could do surgery just like dad!
We almost have a full band with Trey on guitars and Kaden on drums!
After Jeff was done working we packed up the car and headed to Phoenix which is hotter then Tucson. As we drove into the sunset we watched the temperature get hotter and hotter. How can it still be 106 degrees when the sun has gone down?
With Jeff off to another day at work I was trying to think of an indoor activity for me and the boys to go do. The front desk told me there was a Chuck E. Cheese up the road which sounded perfect to me. It was further up the road then I thought it was going to be and we got a little turned around, not lost! Right then Trey looks out the window at this huge park filled with real steam trains and railroad cars, obvious change of plans! It was such a cute park that even had a carousal that I guess Kaden thought he was going to get a drink from!

Jeff only had to work till about 2:00 so after a hot morning at the train park we enjoyed the afternoon in the pool. With it being 120 degrees it was no surprise that the pool was a little like a warm bath but, still refreshing. We went and got some dinner and came back and let the boys enjoy a night swim which they thought was so cool!
While we enjoyed some drinks by the pool on our last night there I asked Trey if he had fun on our trip. He said, "yes I had my best day ever, mommy gets lost and we end up at a train place, and I get to go swimming ALL day." Even in the heat we had a wonderful time!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Trey cracks me up! I love how he described his perfect day. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm jealous of the pool time. Have I said that before?

LauraLee said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I am exicted to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love AZ in the summer! We have been gone for almost two weeks and were hoping that the heat wave would come and go by the time we get back home, ya right! Don't think that is going to happen.... oh well we just have to tell ourselves but the winters are GreaT!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness that sounds so hot! It looks like it was still fun, though! Now I'm thinking I might need to drive all the way to In N Out tonight! Thanks, Julie! ;)

hortonhome said...

Love the big operation table! Looks like you guys had a fun trip. Can't wait to see you soon :)