Sunday, March 14, 2010

Trey's Pirate Party

Okay, so Trey's 5th birthday is not for a few weeks but we figure with a new baby on the way we would do it early just in case. Trey wanted to have a Pirate party and as you can see I think he had a great time. We transformed all the kids into pirates and started with decorating our own swords.
For lunch we had Captain Corn Dogs, fishy crackers and grapes. Jeff said his voice hurt for the rest of the day after talking like a pirate for 2 hours. Trey and the kids got a kick out of it.

Opening the loot! I love Trey's face in this one, he was so excited for new pirate toys I thought he was going to start crying tears of joy!

All the kids so excited to see the new pirates; we had to open it right then!
At the end we took the kids on an indoor treasure hunt since it was cold. They all had their swords and pirate hats looking for treasure. Back in the kitchen, golden necklaces and the treasure chest cake awaited them.
An up close look at the treasure cake. The words you are looking for are, Wow, Awesome, and coolest mom ever!! Trey told me a few weeks ago he wanted the 'Cake Boss' on TLC to do his cake so I knew he had high expectations. I think it turned out pretty good!
The birthday boy had such a great party!

5 comments:

LauraLee said...

Your cake is awesome! Way to go. Looks like Trey had a ball!

Deah said...

Wow! I think I would be tired after having all of those kiddos there! Have a great birthday, Trey!

Angie said...

What a great party! That cake looks fantastic!

Sarah said...

What a great party! I love the cake! Anna wants a tinkerbell fairy party and I've been trying to convince her that boys don't really like to be fairies and maybe they could be pirates like captain hook or something... maybe I'll show her how much fun the boys had at Trey's party! :)

Paul and Suzy said...

LOVE the cake!!! Great job! That party looks like tons of fun!