Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Tonsils, The Potty & The Worm

THE TONSILS: Trey had his tonsils and adenoids removed about two weeks ago and I can happily say we all survived it. He was pretty nervous about the whole idea of having surgery which made it hard on us although we knew it would be so much better for him in the long run. He came out of the surgery pretty angry but after some extra pain medication he chilled with Avrey in is hospital bed!
This is pretty much how we spent the week following the surgery. Luckily we had stocked up on plenty of popsicles and videos from the library!!
THE POTTY: Since I knew we were going to be stuck home for a week following the surgery I decided it was time to potty train Kaden. We had tried a few months back and he just didn't go for it so I wasn't sure if he was ready this time or not. We had 6 accidents the first day so I thought with Trey needing so much attention I would wait and try later with Kaden. The next morning he woke up and asked for under ware and has been dry ever since!
Kaden's new favorite song is 'Eye Of The Tiger' from the movie Rocky...this is him being the tiger!
THE WORM: Avrey has become our little inch worm and has figured out how to get from point a to point b rather quickly. She is already getting up on he knees and has figured out the cutest army crawl I have ever seen. I am not ready for my 5 month old to be crawling!!

7 comments:

Angie said...

SO glad his surgery went well! And the potty training! Major milestones!

Michelle said...

Wow! big stuff going on at your house! I'm so glad Trey's surgery is over. He will do so much better now! And congrats on the potty training! SO nice to have done! I can't believe Avrey is so big already!

Colleen said...

Good job Avrey on being a worm. Cora still wont really army crawl. She'd rather scoot in reverse. I can't believe how big she is getting!

LauraLee said...

I can't wait to hear eye of the tiger and see the new underwear!
I also loved your title by the way.

Sarah said...

I am so glad the surgery went well! And I'm impressed you even thought to attempt potty training during that week - and am so glad it went so well! I can't believe how grown up your kids are. Avrey's little worm bum is the cutest thing I've ever seen :)

Paul and Suzy said...

I am glad surgery went well! Trey is a trooper!!! Those kids are growing up too fast! Wish we were around to see it happen.
P.S. Paul does not remember telling Trey that, but does think it sounds like something he would say. Good luck with the long hair! I am sure it will look cool!

Kids! said...

crawling!?! my goodness! way to go avrey, but that'll make a lot of work for mom!
trey - sorry about the surgery, but hopefully you're doing better than ever now!
kaden - seriously? dry ever since - awesome!
sharleen