Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moab Weekend

Last weekend we met my sister Laura and her good friend Deah down in Moab. We had such a great time in Arches. The boys loved all the cool rocks and pixie dust, AKA: Sand!
Laura and Trey under Sand Dune Arch. This was the boy's favorite because there were a lot of rocks to climb on, and plenty of sand to play in.
We had planned for a little warmer weather so I ended up going kangaroo mode and carried Avrey to keep her warm!
Kaden said he wanted to climb up this tree to be a little birdie. Once Laura helped him up he went from cute little birdie to a velociraptor.
Checking out Balanced Rock!
Not only did we enjoy good hiking we also enjoyed time at the pool and some really good food & ice cream!
I was a little worried when we decided to hike to Delicate arch. 3 miles round trip, up hill for most of the way and I knew the boys would have to walk pretty much the whole thing. I guess I underestimated my boys because they did awesome! There was a little complaining at the end but for the most part they had such a great adventure. Avrey enjoyed a nap on the way up!
Although it was cold and windy when we got to the top it was still an amazing view.
Everyone had such a great time and I hope we get to go do it again soon! Thanks Laura and Deah!!

5 comments:

LauraLee said...

That last picture of Kaden and I is priceless and so funny!
What a great weekend. I love you guys and we do need to do it again soon!

Colleen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, you guys are so good at road trips. Ps-no baby yet but hopefully very soon.

Becky said...

Moab is such a cool place! I'm glad you guys had fun - great pictures, too! :)

hortonhome said...

Looks like you guys had fun....it's weird Laura and Deah don't even look worn out from the big run.....just kidding!

Sarah said...

What a fun trip! I love that you guys went there, I have always wanted to take our kids to southern Utah. It is so beautiful.