Saturday, May 7, 2011

What's Wrong With This Picture?


For reasons unknown to his parents, Kaden has the tendency to put things in his mouth(without swallowing) that normal children know not to. Dirt, rocks, and marbles among other things. Today, however, it happened to be a an inch long screw. We, of course, had no idea he was even playing with a screw he had found somewhere in the house, but soon we discovered something wrong when he came running over to Jeff and was gagging quite heavily. After about 15 seconds or so of distress on both sides, he seemed come out of it and the poor little guy was quite scared. After admitting what he had swallowed, Jeff took him to the emergency room for an x-ray just to make sure it wasn't stuck in his throat. So, all day he has been telling people there is a "screwdriver" in his tummy like it's something to be proud of. The medical staff got a kick of this little blonde kid with bright blue eyes who was very cooperative and would not stop talking. Now come a few days of sifting through his poop...we'll be sure not to post how that goes.

8 comments:

Kids! said...

oh dear - i hope the object has been safely removed from Avrey's (Kaden's?) tummy!

LauraLee said...

Who is that? and why is that in there?
My guess is Kaden...

Angie said...

Oh man! I pray we're never in the ER for that! What a cute kid though, totally proud of his swallowed screwdriver :)

Kira said...

Ugh. That's the best picture.

Colleen said...

Oh gosh how horrible and kind of funny!

Michelle said...

Glad it didn't get stuck. How cool for him to have a picture of it!

Joy said...

I thought it was a golf tee at first! I swallowed the metal piece of a clothespin when I was about his age, I would give anything for that xray! He'll love it someday. Good story. So glad it all turned out ok, but I'd be nervous about that thing passing through him on its way out!

Sarah said...

Aaaaah! I'm glad he told you about it! That is so crazy. And I don't envy the poop sifting..... oh my goodness. I'm glad he'll be okay!