Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Extreme Table Makeover

We have been in need of new chairs for our table for quiet some time. I found 4 on Craigslist that I really liked but knew we needed more than that so I was really excited when I found 3 more at Goodwill that matched. The only problem, they were all different shades of brown so, let the sanding begin!
I didn't think about how fun, and how long it was going to be to sand all of the little parts. Luckily, my good friend Lisa was nice enough to come help me sand them all.
I decided to paint them white and then antique them with a dark stain over the top. I, of course, had the time to start painting them the same day we got hit with 12 inches of snow. A little too cold to be out in the garage so the kitchen became my workshop! We got all the chairs done and placed them around the table but I wasn't really loving it. I did love the new chairs but thought the table was too light which got us started on project #2. We decided to sand the table down and stain it darker and here is how it turned out...
...TA-DA!! It was a lot of work but I think it turned out great. Just in time for our Thanksgiving visitors!

3 comments:

Meggin said...

I love doing that sort of stuff! It looks great--good work!!

Lisa said...

I love how they turned out and it was worth every blister....just kidding glad to help..love them nice work!

Joy said...

They look great, maybe I should try that too!