Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our many blessings

For some reason I forgot how much I truly LOVE Thanksgiving. This year was extra special because we had my mom and dad and sisters Laura and Kelly here with us. While we waited for the Turkey to cook we made turkey pictures and watched a lot of football.
We enjoyed delicious appetizers. I think I made too many because when I was setting them out Trey and Kaden both thought it was the actual Thanksgiving meal!!
Since it was 70 degrees that day we enjoyed our appetizers outside and then took the kids to the park.

The Feast! As much as I love all the deliciousness of the holiday nothing compares to sharing it with family.
Actual proof that our meal was a success!
Not only did we all gain 10 lbs we also went swimming, saw the new Muppet movie, and attended Trey's first annual White Elephant party. My family has a W.E. party every year at Christmas and since we can't be there Trey really wanted to have one here. We had an amazing weekend and are so grateful for our many blessings!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great Thanksgiving! It looks like your chairs and table worked out perfectly. They turned out great, Julie, I am super impressed!

Lisa said...

glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

nice idea, thanks for sharing...