Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend with Gr & Gr Gillespie

Last weekend we had a great visit with my mom and dad. Saturday we went to Tilden Park and had a great picnic and then we went the little farm where we got to feed pigs, goats, sheep, ducks and cows. 

Trey & Grandpa Gillespie had such a great time together. At home Trey and Grandpa loved doing puzzle's and reading books. Trey said he can't wait to go read Grandpa's books! 
While we were feeding the goats Trey had gone over to the side where one goat was laying next to the fence but wouldn't eat. As I got closer I realized Trey was actually singing 'I Am A Child Of God' to try and help the goat go to sleep. 
This is kind of a random shot but it was really cute. One night we had corn on the cob and Kaden seemed to love it too since he worked on the one for about an hour. It was a great weekend despite a few moments with sick kids we had a great time relaxing. Thanks for coming out mom and dad. We love you!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I think Trey singing "I am A Child of God" to a farm animal is so sweet! The boys are growing so fast. Trey is a little dude now! No more baby!! What a love!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We can't wait to see you guys! I hope Trey is excited to read the Readers Digests with Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

I too am a descendant of Sarah Farr by her son Peter. I have often wondered about the little cemetery where my parents took me as a young girl. The tombstones were overgrown with weeds then, and I remember feeling so sad that we lived so far away, in Canada, that we could not take care of them. Suzan in Canada