Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tide Pooling & Pigeon Point Lighthouse

A few weeks ago we went tide pooling at Moss beach, 20 min south of San Francisco. It was quite the adventure with two little boys. Trey loved it and Kaden was just really heavy to carry on slippery wet rocks but he loves being outside. 
Trey is just like his dad, has to try everything once and has very little fear. That is something that I love about both of them. 


Trey loved the water and was wet in the first ten minutes we were there. His favorite were the sea urchins and sticking them with rocks and watching the water shoot out of them. 

The pictures really don't show the beauty of sea life. It was so amazing!!

Pigeon Point Lighthouse is a 30 minutes south of Moss beach. It is an old lighthouse that is no longer used but very cool. The view was amazing. 
To the side of the lighthouse the cliffs were covered with blooming cactus flowers as far as your eyes could see. Trey has turned into a little poser and is ready at all times for you to take a picture of him. He is such a fun little boy and always up for an adventure. 

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Great photos of your cute kids. We've never been to these Tide Pools and the Lighthouse. We need to make this trip - it looks like lots of fun!

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

The pics are great. I'm sorry I missed that sight-seeing trip!!

Sarah said...

What a fun day! I have always wanted to take the girls to look at tide pools, but never really knew where to go to do that. I think we just might have to check that place out sometime when we're back in town, thanks for the info Julie! :) It looks like you guys had a great time and I love Trey's cute little pose, I only wish my girls were that cooperative! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the trips your family takes to cool places close by. Next time you are out here I'll take you to the Provo boat harbor. Its about as cool as we get in these neck of the woods! Your boys definately look like Jeff! Good job on cute kids!

Paul and Suzy said...

This looks so fun Julie! We need to take a little trip out there on one of these hot days!

LauraLee said...

This looks like so much fun. I can't wait to see you guys soon!

Michelle said...

How fun! That area looks really beautiful!

Kelly and Kimberly said...

I love that final picture of Trey doing the head tilt. That is so Trey. You have darling boys.

drb42 said...

I love your picture at the very beginning of your blog! Why didn't you guys take me to that cool lighthouse? Next time, that is where I want to go!

Anna M said...

That sounds like a great trip! We'll have to try it too.