Saturday, May 30, 2009

A few of my new favorite things...

Moving into a new place can be scary, especially if you've never seen it. Jeff and I, however, totally lucked out and found a really great place that we love. The outside is very New Mexico; not my favorite but since I spend most of my time inside who cares, right? This is our 6th place in 7 years of marriage, and our first that was built before 1970 so please don't think I am bragging, especially since a lot of you are sitting in homes and not apartments!  
The living room is the basic view as you walk in the front door. Nothing too fancy other than I'm happy not to have stark white walls anymore! And who knew the crown molding could be so exciting! 
The kitchen is open to the living room which is nice, and makes it seem a lot more roomy! 
My favorite hallway next to the kitchen we have a huge pantry and our new little babies. I know a lot of you probably don't get excited about your washer and dryer but after three years of coin op laundry you would. I was so happy today when I was making pancakes and threw in a load at the same time...PRICELESS!!
Toy room part 2! The day after we moved in we noticed a weird smell coming from the second bedroom and the more time we spent in there it just seemed to get worse. Long story short, the last person who lived here had a poorly potty trained cat. We asked the office if there was any way they would come clean the carpet again and instead they just wanted to replace it. We were very happy about it although we had to move every thing out for a day but it was worth it to get rid of the urine potpourri. (Reason# 65 why we will never have a cat!
We thought that since we now have three bedrooms we would split the boys up, but we thought a toy room would be more useful. Here are the boys enjoying their new room! 

It's always funny in apartments because they say there is a "Master Bedroom" but really it's the same size as the other rooms so there really isn't anything masterful about it. Well, not here. We also have our bathroom which is so nice with a HUGE walk-in closet that I realized yesterday is bigger then our old kitchen! We are very pleased with our new little place and know that we will enjoy what time we have to live here!  

8 comments:

LauraLee said...

So cute! I loved what you did with the playroom and I bet you love the new carpet.

Anonymous said...

Julie, what a cute little place, I love the log crib! We missed you today! Hope your time in New Mexico is great!

7lechem.blogspot.com said...

Love it and can't wait to come and visit !! August seems so far away. . .

Jancisco said...

welcome to your new place! I can't believe you did coin-op laundry for THREE years. I would have just bought new clothes every week. I'm that lazy.

Tell Sharleen hi and of course I remember her. Violas have to stick together.

I hope we'll be able to connect as we drive through next time.

Sarah said...

I love your place, everything looks so NEW! :) And a huge hooray for a washer and dryer in your very own place!! I am so happy for you, but really sad you had to go all the way to New Mexico to get it! Oh my goodness we miss you already and I could not feel worse about not getting to say goodbye to you!! An email has been in my head to you for days, hopefully I type it out soon! :) Miss you!!

Colleen said...

Wow I love it! Can I come and live there with you too? I'm really impressed you didn't turn the 3rd room into a "junk" room as I seem to do. Congrats on a washer and dryer of your very own, and I love the crown molding, and new carpet! WOW! You deserved this place for sure!

Michelle said...

It is SO cute! I am so glad you are there! I bet having a washer and dryer is your favotrite thing ever!! Congrats!

hortonhome said...

Your place looks really great! You of course already have it looking so organized and nice. I guess that is what happens when you become a professional mover :)