Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Home Sweet Albuquerque!!

Well, we made it to New Mexico in one piece so I thought I would share some pictures of our adventures of getting here! Thursday the 21st Jeff took his last final in the morning and headed home so we could start the big move. We got the truck that afternoon and the boys had so much fun playing in it, which made it hard to pack.
I am lucky enough to have one of the best sisters in the world! Laura came out from Utah to help us with the boys. They had so much fun with her and Jeff and I both know there is no way we could have done this without her. She is awesome! Thursday night we had a bunch of friends and guys from the ward come out and help us pack up the truck. What could have taken us all night ended up taking about 45 minutes, we are very grateful! 
Friday morning we woke up early and finished packing the last minute things. We made one last stop at our favorite, Johnny's Donuts in Lafayette for breakfast and then made the 12 hour drive to Kingman, AZ where we stopped for the night. 
Along the way there we so many great sights to see. Trey loved all of the trains! 
This was my view out the rear view mirror. Laura, the boys, and I were in one car and Jeff followed behind us in the moving truck pulling his car as well. 1100 miles later we were finally here and so excited to be out of the car! The boys did great and were so excited to see their new house! Not 5 minutes after we pulled the moving truck in we had 7 or 8 people from our new ward here helping us unload just in time for an afternoon thunderstorm which made it all the more fun! 
Our first night here I think it is safe to say we were all more then a little tired. We got beds set up, and as you can see we all crashed! 
Our first morning here we were welcomed in true Albuquerque style. We sat down to eat breakfast and noticed out the back door the sky was filled with hot air balloons! We are really excited to be here and glad that we made it here safe. I will post some pictures of our new place once it looks cute! 

7 comments:

LauraLee said...

I love, Love, LOVE that you posted Kaden's sleeping picture. That was awesome!
I am so glad I got to come. I love you guys.

Kelly and Kimberly said...

Hooray! You made it! I'm so excited to hear all about your new place and your new ward. I miss you already. Thanks for all the pics. I wish I could give those boys a big hug. So cute.

Kelley Hauck said...

Already miss you! Glad you made it safe. Can't wait to see pics of the new place.

Colleen said...

Aside from the super long drive, it looks like a fun adventure! I'm glad you loving it so far and I'm sure the new space is so nice! How far is NM from UT?

Paul and Suzy said...

Love the sleeping picture! We are glad to see you made it safe but wish you were still here.

hortonhome said...

What great pictures! I feel like Kaden's sleeping picture!!!! Can't wait to see the place....what an adventure.

JUST BE... said...

Welcome to your new home!! I totally miss Johnny's and I totally miss you guys.