Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Washington Trip

The last week in July the boys and I headed up to Sammamish, WA to visit my sister and her family for her birthday! My brother-in-law Brad was throwing a party for her, and invited all of us that could come. For a week we had 8 adults and 16 kids all living in the same house and it was so much fun!

The first day there Kim took us to a farm to pick wild raspberries. Even though it was hot it was so worth it. Fresh raspberries are so delicious!
Kaden enjoyed making raspberry sauce!
With so many kids we ended up with A LOT of raspberries. Al we need now is some homemade ice cream and a warm brownie!! :)
We also picked fresh blueberries to go with the raspberries. So yummy!
Trey became a huge fan of blueberries while we were there since we had them on pancakes, with crepes, cereal, ice cream and pretty much anything else you can think of. It was so nice to have a huge bowl of fruit sitting there to munch on all week!
Kim and Brad spoiled all of us with some of the most amazing food I have ever had! They have an awesome outdoor kitchen/BBQ where Brad, AKA: "Gas Man" made us BBQ pizza, ribs, salmon and steak. Not to mention all the wonderful desserts Kim made; I think we all gained 5 pounds!
We made great use of the pool EVERYDAY since WA was having a huge heat wave with some days over 100 degrees. Most days we would get up, eat breakfast, swim, eat lunch, swim, eat dinner, swim and go to bed. It was so nice!
Trey is my little water boy. In one day I think he spent over 8 hours in the pool and when I got him out I could have sworn his feet had turned into fins!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So fun, I want to go back!! And by the way...I really did gain 5 pounds there. It was so worth it :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Colleen said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I think I want to tag along the next time you go! One question--did you guys actually eat all those raspberries and blueberries by the time you all left?

Elder Duston Garrett said...

And how close to Elder Garrett were you?