Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Washington Trip (part 2)

Obviously after a few days in the sun you start acting a little strange! It was so fun playing by the pool, going down the slide and jumping off the waterfall. My brother Kris even set up our own version of 'Wipeout' that was hilarious for kids of all ages!
I laughed pretty hard watching Kaden trying to walk around in adult size flippers. The one piece floaty added to the humor!
Jumping off the waterfall! Some of the kids were having a hard time jumping off for the first time; I thought for sure Trey wouldn't do it in a million years. Out of nowhere Trey had climbed to the top and jumped right off. He must have jumped off that thing a thousand times while we were there.
How many kids fit in a hot tub?
My sister Kim and my dad.
Kim & Brad took us to an old railroad yard, and my kids loved it. It was full of old trains and railroad cars that the kids could climb on.
Trey with his cousins Marcus, Cole and Josh!
Each of the kids colored paper guitars and rocked out!
Jacob, Trey, Caleb, Cory, Cole, and Marcus
Although Trey and Kaden don't actually play "Rock Band" they sure know how to rock. With Trey on guitar and Kaden on drums they were in heaven having an audience every night!

My brother Kris, Me, sisters Laura Lee, Kim and Steph!
By the end of the week we had all eaten so much food and had such a wonderful time we didn't want to move. It was a lot of fun to be with family and let the boys spend time with all of their cousins. Since Jeff was not able to make the trip I am hoping we can make it back up there next summer and for many summers to come!

3 comments:

LauraLee said...

That picture of Kaden asleep on the chair is awesome. That kid can sleep anywhere.
I am so glad we had such a fun week. Love you guys!

Deah said...

cool picture of Trey jumping!

EAMartinson said...

Hey... you were up in my neck of the woods...i didnt know your sister lived up here...next time your up, we'd love to see you