Saturday, April 2, 2011

Out with the old & in with the new!!

Yes, it's true we are finally a mini van family!! This past year we have squished our little family of 5 into our Outback, but after our weekend trip to Moab we were done. One morning, Trey had asked me why we didn't just buy a bigger car. So I explained to him that cars cost a lot of money and we needed to find one that we could afford. Without hesitation he went into his room, dumped out his piggy bank and brought me $2.41...just enough for a down payment!!
Lovin' the sunroof!!
Lovin' the third row!!
Unfortunately we also had to say good-bye to Jeff's car. Tears have been shed, I won't mention by whom, but we are very grateful for our new car and hope it brings us many good years.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

I am slightly jealous...only because the back seat of an old civic is barely a two car seat friendly car!

I'm glad Trey had your down the whole time! Why didn't he tell you this sooner?

LauraLee said...

HOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAY!I am so excited for you guys and I am sure you are loving it!

Michelle said...

So happy for you! You won't believe how much you'll actually love a van! It will be so great for you guys!

Sarah said...

Woohoo!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :) I know all too well the pain of squeezing 3 kids into the back of a car and then the joy of finally getting to spread out in a minivan. I swear I love my van more each day ;) I'm so excited for you, Julie!

Kids! said...

Yay! After a year of 5 kiddos in the outback - it's time! It looks great. Turns out we're going to be in the market for one of these in about 5 months! Yup - that's an announcement!
Sharleen

Kids! said...

whoops - 5 people (not kiddos!)
sharleen

Angie said...

Congrats! How exciting! Hope you love it!

The Castleton Family said...

From now on, your life will be pre-minivan and post-minivan! I loved meeting your van in person tonight!! I took a walk around it and your van and i pretty much had a bonding moment together.