Monday, March 31, 2008

Red Sox Junkies

Well, you've got to teach your kids while they're young who the proper teams are to root for. 
Trey's a big fan of thumping his chest with a fist a couple of times then saying "peace out" every morning before I leave for class. I'll take credit for that one!
"There is an awful imbalance to our relationship with athletes, as if we are looking through a one-way mirror. We know them, love them, dress like them and some how believe our actions, however trivial, alter the outcome of theirs, all while they know only that we are there but cannot really see us." I read that in an old Sports Illustrated a few years ago and couldn't help but laugh because it's so true. I never realized how true it was until I saw Trey yelling, well not really yelling, but interacting with the TV during a golf tournament as a player was putting. He was doing exactly what I did trying to coerce the ball into the hole while sitting on the couch going "Uh-uh-uh-uh-Oh!" It's something to behold watching a three year old imitate his dad. Baseball season has finally begun and now I have something other than family and school to occupy my time, as if my time wasn't taken enough already.  But the Sox look to have a promising year, and of course I feel the need to baptize Trey in to Red Sox Nation! Every year we've lived in California we've made it to a Sox/A's game and it looks like this could be the year we don't make it because of time. I will say though, every one of the games we've attended the Red Sox have been whooped, so maybe we should stay home! I guess that only gives more credence to the above quote, but hey if my staying home rather than going to the game helps them win I'm all for it. It's pretty cute to see Trey running around with his little Sox hat on, and it certainly makes this Papa proud. We of course had throw Kaden in to the mix since he's almost as big as Trey anyway. These boys are a tremendous joy to come home to every day after a grueling class schedule. Julie in every way brings me sanity just by being here, and for that I love her. She does everything for our family and takes little credit for it.  I only hope that I can be the support to her that she is for me. While our lives are hectic, we are learning much. We feel it a blessing to be working hard for something that will make life better for us in the long run, even if it takes us a while to get there. We live in a choice little town, we're happy...not to mention healthy, and almost half way done with school! So while I'm 20 pounds heavier with a little less hair on my head than when school started I could not be happier with where we're at as a family right now. 
Disclaimer: Trey is NOT flipping off the camera in the last picture!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Jeff- Such a great write up!! Our kids love cheering our teams on too.Great photos! Your wife is special - she is totally great!!

I didn't know you had a blog!! It's fun to see all your pix!
cath

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

I love this post and I love seeing all of the Easter pics. What a sweet baby and the two boys together are adorable...yours turned out much better than mine did!

I didn't even know you guys had a blog until I saw your comment on my page and now I am so glad that we can keep in better touch.

So julie, how is life with two? And yay for young womens! I loved working in that organization and I hope you are enjoying it too :)

Kelly and Kimberly said...

You're not going to be able to make it to the game because of a lack of time? Where are your priorities? Apparently where ours are because I doubt we'll be going Wednesday. Darn.

Sarah said...

Julie, your blog is darling! I have no idea what you're talking about, your blog is just as cute if not way cuter than mine! I saw your link on Camille's blog and I'm totally linking you on mine :) You guys are such a cute family!

JUST BE... said...

What a cute family!!! We miss you.

Ware Family said...

Hey Julie!
It's Heather Ware! I hope you remember me from Millcreek 9th ward. Anyway, I wondered what you were up to and I found your blog (I hope that doesn't seem stalkerish).
Your kids are adorable!
I'd love to catch up.
My email address is heatherware (at) hotmail (dot) com.
I hope to hear from you!

Heather