Thursday, April 16, 2009

Disneyland Trip

This year for Trey's 4th Birthday we decided to surprise him with a ticket to Disneyland. He was so excited!! So the day after we got back from Utah we hurried and unpacked, repacked, and got in the car and we were on our way! Trey could hardly wait as we walked up to the gates. He knew right off it was going to be a perfect day since the first thing he saw was the train! 
It's been 10 years since I have been to Disneyland, and I forgot how magical it is there.  Since it was Trey's birthday they gave him a pin to wear that said 'Happy Birthday Trey' so all day the workers were wishing him a Happy Birthday!  

I don't know if we could narrow down a favorite ride, however, Buzz Lightyear was pretty awesome! That was the first ride we went to and we ended up getting off and getting right back on 5 times and then coming back later in the day and riding it 3 more times!  
Riding the caboose of the Casey Jr. Train! 
The birthday boy picks out a treat...Cotton Candy of course!!
At the start of the day I said that I really wanted to ride 'It's A Small World'. Jeff started laughing because he thought I was kidding. HELLO it is a Disneyland classic. I should have made him ride it twice just for making fun of me!! :)
That evening we watched the celebration parade. Trey was in heaven! All of the characters were singing and playing guitars when out of the blue one of the dancers comes over and pulls Trey and some other kids out to be a part of the parade. He was so excited!
Kaden loved all of the rides so much we couldn't even get him to sit in the stroller.  
That night there was a wonderful show of fireworks, but we thought since we had been there all day that the boys were done. So, we asked Trey what he wanted to do and still so excited he said he wasn't tired, but his legs just hurt. So we sat down on the sidewalk and 5 minutes into the fireworks both boys were sound asleep! 
With both boys completely passed out we slowly walked down main street wishing the day wasn't over yet.  A dream is a wish your heart makes, when your fast asleep!! Happy Birthday Trey! 

8 comments:

LauraLee said...

It looks like you guys had a ball. How fun!

Jennifer Cornett said...

Oh my! I can't believe I randomly found your blog! It's been a long time! I hope you're doing well! Your family is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a perfect day! So glad you guys had fun and that Trey had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a great day! I love disneyland especially with kids! It is a magical place, so glad that Trey had such fun.

Angie said...

Best Birthday EVER! How fun!

Kira said...

Magic.

hortonhome said...

So cute Disneyland and birthday pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun time I am so glad that you went. Looks like Trey was in heaven!

Sarah said...

What an incredible day!!! I am so happy you guys went and it looks like had the time of your lives :) How are you going to top that birthday? ;)