Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Easter & Spring Break

Easter weekend we had a fun little Easter egg hunt at a park near our house. Kaden kept calling the Easter bunny 'Big Bird', I think you can see why!!
The Easter Bunny also brought another wonderful surprise! Jeff's family came for Spring break. It was so much fun to spend the week with them. The boys loved that they scored 2 Easter egg hunts!!
Gram is without a doubt Trey's best friend. I tend to get demoted when she comes but it is totally worth it to see that smile on his face. However now that Trey is getting older he is way more emotional when they have to head home. This time was rough! He cried for two days after they left and if we ever said 'Gram' he would start all over again. 4 days after they left we stopped at Target and when we went to get out of the car he was crying in the back. I asked him what was wrong and he said, 'Target just makes me miss Gram even more'. :(

A friend of ours works at Pixar so he was gracious enough to take us on a tour. It was so cool to see what all really goes into making these movies. Even though my Mr. Incredible couldn't be there with us I am thinking this will make a great Christmas card!! 

One of the biggest high lights of the week was going to the A's vs. Red Sox game. It was actually the coldest game in A's history but still a lot of fun. Kaden stayed warm by sitting on the ground in between us and Trey stayed warm because he never sat still. He was dancing and yelling the whole game. Such a fun week! 

5 comments:

Kira said...

So lucky. Julie. So lucky.

Sarah said...

Yay for fun visits from family! That is so cute that Trey loves his gram so much. My kids always have a really hard time after family leaves, too. It is so sweet... but kind of annoying too ;) Especially since I usually feel like crying right along with them! Glad you guys had such a fun visit!

Colleen said...

What a fun time. I applied once for a job at pixar--how rude of them not to call me! That Easter bunny looks CREEPY! Who makes those costumes and decides they are normal?

Michelle said...

Wow, I guess I haven't been on here for awhile! Looks like you guys have had lots of fun lately!!

The Lowder Family said...

I'm a little jelous of all the baseball games you get to go to :(
I hope the A's slaughtered the sox!