Sunday, April 5, 2009

Utah Visit

Two weeks ago we traveled back to Utah to see Jeff's younger brother Nic return home from serving a mission in Louisville, Kentucky. It was so fun to be there with everyone and for Kaden to meet him for the first time! 
When we came back from the airport some friends of Jeff's mom had come and decorated their lawn with smiley face plates and balloons...the boys LOVED it! The next morning we were cleaning them up and Trey let one of the balloons go and laid down to watch it fly away. I walked over and he said, 'Mom this is such a beautiful earth'. For the next hour we sat and let every balloon go one by one! 
The boys sure loved having another uncle around to play with. Trey was most excited when he found out how cool uncle Nic is because he has a guitar! 

After spending a few days with Jeff's family, he headed back home while the boys and I stayed for a few extra days to spend time with my family. All of my siblings had come into town and we had a wonderful girls night on Friday staying up talking until 5:00 am and then we woke up at 7:00 am for some spring cleaning at my parents home. My family grew up working in the yard together so it made for a wonderful weekend of all of us being together again! 

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Hum....you didn't post about the visit with Colleen! :) Glad you had fun...and that pic of Trey with the balloons is really cute. It looks like he's pondering life.

Michelle said...

SO glad you came...it was SO much fun and I hope we can do it again sometime soon!!

Sarah said...

Fun trip! Trey and the balloons is really cute and I love the picture of him and his uncle with the guitar. I'm glad you guys had such a great trip! And the outing to the lighthouse looks really fun. I'm going to have to write all of these fun ideas down that you guys are always doing for future outings! :)

The Lowder Family said...

You are in soooooo much trouble! You came to town and didn't tell me??? I would have love to come and see you! Maybe next itme right? How is all of your family by the way. It was great to see the picture of all your Brothers and sister and parent